yes, israeli terrorists continue their bombing of gaza:
Three were killed in an airstrike in the east of Al-Maghazi Refugee Camp, in the central Gaza Strip in the second strike.
A spokesperson for the Al-Quds Brigades, Abu Ahmad, said a brigades member, Wasim Mansour, and an NRB member were killed immediately. The NRB (National Resistance Brigades) man was identified as Mahmoud Hammad, who fought under the armed wing of the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP).
A third man, also affiliated with Islamic Jihad, died later at the Al-Aqsa Hospital in the Central Gaza Strip. He was identified as Ibrahim Bamba. A fourth was said to be seriously wounded.
According to Abu Ahmad, an Israeli reconnaissance plane monitored a group of fighters advancing toward the eastern border of Gaza. The plane then launched two missiles at the group. The operation was to have been a joint effort with the NRB and Al-Quds Brigades.
and there are promises of more:
The Israeli military is preparing a “harsh attack on Gaza,” in response to homemade rockets that are continuously fired into Israel by Palestinian fighters, multiple Israeli news sources reported on Friday.
“The army is preparing to carry out a huge and harsh attack at any moment, which is required to stop firing projectiles on Israel,” said one report, quoting senior military sources.
Last Sunday Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert vowed a “painful response” to the homemade projectiles that Israel failed to stop with its three-week war on the Gaza Strip in December and January. More than 1,400 Palestinians were killed during the offensive.
Israel holds Hamas, the ruling party in Gaza, totally responsible for the projectiles, which are fired by a variety of Palestinian armed factions.
Palestinian fighters fired three more projectiles into Israel on Thursday night in response to the killing of four fighters in the preceding 24 hours.
and in response to this there was a lovely protest against sweden’s davis cup because israeli terrorist tennis players were competing (yes, they too, like all israelis are soldiers who participate in the wanton murder and destruction) as al jazeera’s emma hayward reports:
given this context i cannot fathom how one can think about rebuilding, but we are talking about palestinians, palestinians who are steadfast and resilient. masha’allah. here is the latest episode of “focus on gaza” with imran garda of al jazeera which discusses some of the obstacles to rebuilding:
one obstacle, of course, is the united states, which is forever imagining new ways to punish palestinians. here’s the latest sadistic scheme they’ve conjured up:
A new initiative by members of the United States Congress seeks to condition the transfer of the $900 million for the Palestinians on an end to rocket fire on Israel from Gaza, and the release of Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit.
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton pledged the $900 million during a conference in Egypt this week to raise money for Gaza reconstruction, in the wake of Israel’s three-week offensive aimed at halting rocket fire on its southern communities.
Shalit has been held captive in Gaza since June 2006, when he was snatched from his army base in a cross-border raid from Gaza.
The proposal followed a meeting on Capitol Hill between Noam Badin, the director of the communications center in Qassam-battered Sderot and several members of Congress and their advisors.
After the meeting, Rep. Shelley Berkley of Nevada drafted a petition to U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, which demanded that the financial aid be delayed for as long as the rocket fire continues and Shalit remains in captivity.
Berkley, a Jewish politician well-known in Congress for her support of Israel, backed the Israeli operation in Gaza during December and January, and even told Haaretz that maybe Israel had been too tolerant.
State Department spokesman Robert Wood said last week that $300 million of the total sum pledged by the U.S. would go to meet “urgent” humanitarian needs in Gaza.